Sunday, April 1, 2018

Comments From the Interim President/CEO, Bill Hyland


    In this modern society, the pace of change is coming at us in an ever increasing rate. Often, all we can do is try to keep up. Our Goodwill is no exception as the rapid change of our landscape in the business of doing 'good' can be daunting. Here at Goodwill, we do our very best to keep up with this ever changing world. With that thought in mind, the Ashtabula Goodwill has recently announced a new 'conductor' for their 'train,' and that person is me, William “Bill” Hyland. I officially took over operations with the title of Interim Director on March 2, 2018. Let me tell you that I am extremely excited because Goodwill is truly a dream company. There are so many wonderful people who work, shop, and donate here everyday.I love everything that Goodwill stands for, as they have always been a quality company, through and through. Goodwill never, ever stops listening to it's heart. In a business world that has become more and more callous, a decent company like Goodwill is almost impossible to find. At their core, Goodwill is here to help others. You can feel the 'good' vibe just by walking into one of our six retail stores. I can see it as I watch people working in our production areas. The feeling of 'good' fills the air in everything Goodwill touches, and believe me, Goodwill touches so many lives in a day. I feel blessed just to be a part of the Goodwill team! My role of  being the 'conductor' of this 'train' is special to me and is something that I will take with the utmost of care and diligence. I look forward to seeing each and everyone of you on our Goodwill 'train.' God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment