Thursday, September 1, 2016

New Faces at Goodwill: By Megan Myers

         Sometimes here at Goodwill, clients come along that end up becoming a perfect fit for hire. Some characteristics that these clients show are motivation, determination, and reliability.  These are common traits that clients work to perfect during their time in programming here at Goodwill.

          Below, I would like to introduce two of our clients from our programming that have recently been hired on as Goodwill employees. These are clients who showed that “special something” it takes to be noticed. So, we would like to extend an official welcome to Jessica and Brenda! Best of luck to you both.
          

Jessica started with the PRIDE program at the end of 2015. Being a single mother of two, Jessica was ready to get her life back on track. She was recently hired here at Goodwill, Ashtabula as a Store Associate.
Life Goal: “I want to become a vet tech. I like to work with animals.”
Favorite thing about the program: “The people. Everyone is really helpful here.”
Fun Fact: “I’m adventurous. I would travel anywhere if I had the money.” 

Brenda started in the Job Development program this past March. She is a hard-working individual with a great deal of motivation to work.  She constantly job searched and all of her hard work paid off when she was hired as a Store Associate for Goodwill, Ashtabula.
Life Goal: “I want to keep working.  In the future, I would like to maybe become an STNA.”
Favorite thing about the program: “The helpfulness of everyone.”
Fun Fact:  “I really like to read. I also like listening to ‘50’s music because it reminds me of the era my Dad was in.”

No comments:

Post a Comment